2018 Provincial Band and Drill Competition
The Provincial Band and Drill competition took place on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at the Saint-Jean Garnison. All 12 finalists from the Air Cadet program’s regional drill competitions and the Eastern Region Cadet Music Festival came together to take part in this exciting event.
It is important to note that this event would not have taken place without our dedicated team of volunteers. We would also like to thank:
- Our special guests: Lieutenant Colonel Benoit Mailloux and Chief Warrant Officer Marina Roberge
- The judges for the Illsley category: Captain Émilie René and Captain Karine Ramsay
- The judges for the drill category: Chief Warrant Officer Jean Boivin, Warrant Officer Richard Nadeau and Major Peter Jaeggi
- The judge for the inspection of uniforms: Chief Warrant Officer Marina Roberge
- Masters of Ceremonies: Flight Sergeant Yoann Di Rienzo from 729 Salaberry Squadron and Flight Sergeant Bing Chen Peng from 898 Squadron Brossard
- Photographer: Bruno Ringuette
What is the Band and Drill Competition?
The Band and Drill Competition is a one-of-a-kind event where cadets come together to work as a team and act as leaders. Discipline, respect and solidarity are all concepts that capture the essence of this exciting competition.
The competition is broken down into four categories:
- Walsh: military drill exercise in teams of 16 or 19 cadets
- Strathcona: military drill exercise in teams of 22 or 25 cadets
- Improvisation: military drill exercise in teams of at least 13 cadets
- Illsley: orchestra of at least 15 cadets