Public speaking is a skill that you can learn!
Being able to communicate well is an essential skill in our current society. Public speaking, in either our professional or personal lives, is a common expectation.
The Effective speaking Competition is held at all levels (local, regional, provincial and national) and allows cadets to improve their public performance and to communicate their message more effectively.
Band and Drill competition
The band and drill exercises aim to introduce the concepts of discipline and precision to our young cadets while allowing them to live unforgettable experiences with their team. It is a physical and mental discipline. Concentration and teamwork are necessary to get a quality result!
The Band and Drill competition is divided into four categories:
- Walsh : Drill
Team of 16 or 19 cadets ;
- Strathcona : Drill
Team of 22 or 25 cadets ;
- Improvisation : Drill
Team of at least13 cadets ;
- Illsley : Choreographic musical ensembles
Team of at least 15 cadets.
Topics for the 2021 Effective Speaking Competition
- How should we remember and honour the sacrifices made by those who serve our nation?
- What are the greatest challenges facing the aviation industry today?
- Describe an historical event and what it meant to Canada.
- Describe a Canadian hero and the impact they made or are making on our society.
- What does bravery mean to you?
- What have you learned from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What does diversity mean to you?
- What can you do to be a good environmental steward?
- Cadet’s Choice: the Cadet’s choice must fit into one of these categories: Science & Technology, Aviation, Canadian History or Citizenship.
2021 Provincial Effective Speaking Competition
Sgt Perrine Yode
921 Optimiste Ancienne-Lorette Squadron
WO1 Anosha Waqar
872 Kiwanis-Kanata Squadron
Sgt Olivia Hébert
100 Laval Squadron
2018 Provincial Band and Drill Competition
1. Esc/Sqn 894 Charlesbourg
2. Esc/Sqn 682 Laurentides
3. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
1. Esc/Sqn 729 Valleyfield
2. Esc/Sqn 5 Cyclone
3. Esc/Sqn 75 Barrhaven
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital
2. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
3. Esc/Sqn 832 Twillick (Rockland)
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital & 75 Barrhaven
2. Esc/Sqn 555 Maple Leaf
3. Esc/Sqn 96 Alouettes