Public speaking is a skill that you can learn!
Being able to communicate well is an essential skill in our current society. Public speaking, in either our professional or personal lives, is a common expectation.
The Effective speaking Competition is held at all levels (local, regional, provincial and national) and allows cadets to improve their public performance and to communicate their message more effectively.
Band and Drill competition
The band and drill exercises aim to introduce the concepts of discipline and precision to our young cadets while allowing them to live unforgettable experiences with their team. It is a physical and mental discipline. Concentration and teamwork are necessary to get a quality result!
The Band and Drill competition is divided into four categories:
- Walsh : Drill
Team of 16 or 19 cadets ;
- Strathcona : Drill
Team of 22 or 25 cadets ;
- Improvisation : Drill
Team of at least13 cadets ;
- Illsley : Choreographic musical ensembles
Team of at least 15 cadets.
Topics for the 2019 Effective Speaking Competition
- What is a Canadian?
- 3D Printer Technology – how will it impact our future?
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- How is today’s technology causing gaps in communications?
- How will legalizing cannabis affect our society?
- Why should cadets be involved in fundraising for the program?
- The positive and negative effects of advances in technology.
- What happened to the Avro Arrow and is it time for a new one?
- Peer pressure amongst today’s youth – fact or fiction?
- What is the importance of gender equality in today’s youth?
- How could the cadet program fill the gap in the aviation industry?
- Cadet’s Choice: the Cadet’s Choice must fit into one of these categories: Cadet Life, Science and Technology, Aviation, Canadian History or Citizenship.
2018 Provincial Effective Speaking Competition
CPL ELIZABETH JOHNSON
632 Pheonix Orléans Squadron
WO2 THÉOPHANE GAY
4 De Maisonneuve Squadron
F SGT YOANN DI RIENZO
729 Salaberry de Valleyfield Squadron
2018 Provincial Band and Drill Competition
1. Esc/Sqn 894 Charlesbourg
2. Esc/Sqn 682 Laurentides
3. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
1. Esc/Sqn 729 Valleyfield
2. Esc/Sqn 5 Cyclone
3. Esc/Sqn 75 Barrhaven
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital
2. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
3. Esc/Sqn 832 Twillick (Rockland)
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital & 75 Barrhaven
2. Esc/Sqn 555 Maple Leaf
3. Esc/Sqn 96 Alouettes