- 1. Effective speaking
- 2. Band and Drill competition
Public speaking is a skill that you can learn!
Being able to communicate well is an essential skill in our current society. Public speaking, in either our professional or personal lives, is a common expectation.
The Effective speaking Competition is held at all levels (local, regional, provincial and national) and allows cadets to improve their public performance and to communicate their message more effectively.
Band and Drill competition
The band and drill exercises aim to introduce the concepts of discipline and precision to our young cadets while allowing them to live unforgettable experiences with their team. It is a physical and mental discipline. Concentration and teamwork are necessary to get a quality result!
The Band and Drill competition is divided into four categories:
- Walsh : Drill
Team of 16 or 19 cadets ;
- Strathcona : Drill
Team of 22 or 25 cadets ;
- Improvisation : Drill
Team of at least13 cadets ;
- Illsley : Choreographic musical ensembles
Team of at least 15 cadets.
Topics for the 2023 Effective Speaking Competition
- What is the relevancy of the monarchy in Canada to the Air Cadet program in this post Jubilee year?
- What is the impact of space junk?
- What do you think about man building an outpost on the moon? (or How useful would an outpost be on the Moon or Mars?)
- What is the future of aviation as it relates to unmanned vehicles?
- Should we re-write history when we find out new information? (or What is cancel culture and should it be relevant?)
- How environmentally friendly are electric vehicles?
- What should be society’s priorities?
- What does it mean to buy local?
- What is sustainable energy?
- Cadet Choice: must fit into one of these categories: Cadet Life; Science and Technology; Aviation; Canadian History or Citizenship
2023 Provincial Effective Speaking Competition
Sgt Diana Peter
500 Outaouais Squadron
FSgt Karam Albatal
687 Richelieu Laval Squadron
FCpl Catherine Dong
555 Maple Leaf Squadron
2018 Provincial Band and Drill Competition
1. Esc/Sqn 894 Charlesbourg
2. Esc/Sqn 682 Laurentides
3. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
1. Esc/Sqn 729 Valleyfield
2. Esc/Sqn 5 Cyclone
3. Esc/Sqn 75 Barrhaven
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital
2. Esc/Sqn 806 Optimiste Ste-Thérèse
3. Esc/Sqn 832 Twillick (Rockland)
1. Esc/Sqn 742 National Capital & 75 Barrhaven
2. Esc/Sqn 555 Maple Leaf
3. Esc/Sqn 96 Alouettes